Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What in the heck is T & M.....















So....What in the heck is T & M?


T&M Stands for Time and Materials. You may hear contractors talk about T&M this and T&M that but and basically it is "Code" for what the job is going to cost them. 

Here is what I do with all of the estimates that we do. We bid T&M to the customer. 

"Why would you do that?"
 I have been asked

Here is what I tell the prospective customer....


"We are the materials"

  • Two: as I am the one going to be running the equipment most of the time I sure as heck know how much time it is going to take. If I didn't, I have no business doing the estimate. Don't you think?

 So if you ever hear a contractor throwing around the term Time and Materials you will know what that means. For most  it is their cost on a job. For us it means YOUR cost on a job. And trust me they are one in the same (Their cost with them, and Your cost with us) if you catch my drift.

 


Monte Tareski
Cascading Creations

Check out our whole portfolio

No comments: